December 21, 2007

#5 is through!!

Now I have 3 more treatments left. My pet scan on Wednesday was long but well worth it. I reviewed it with Dr. Kanard yesterday before my treatment. I will post pictures of the last pet scan verses this one. She said that there are now no sign of the tumor!! But only a certain size will show up on the scan; so there could still be small cancer cells around so that is another reason it is best to do as many treatments as possible. She also said that I will be doing the Retuxan every 6 months and not every 3 and there are 4 of those treatments that are 3 hours each. So in two years I will be done with that. I also asked her "what if it comes back?" If it comes back within 2 years we will have to have a bone marrow transplant; if after we will do R-CHOP again. So now I really need your prayers to make sure it doesn't come back.

Thank you all again for all of your love and support! I love all of you!!

3 comments:

Koenig Family Blog said...

That is great news! You are always in my prayers. Keep up the hard work! Miss you and Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Katie - I'm so happy for you and your family. Your strength, courage and power in God helped you fight it off. My continued prayers are with you. Have a wonderful Merry Christmas. Hopefully we can meet up in the new year! Kristi Ritter

Christy said...

katie, i am so glad that things are working out. i found your blog by snooping at other people's...anyway, i am glad that you are making it through and hope that you will not have an other problems and most importantly that your cancer does not come back. i love you. your family is great and your kids are adorable.
christy