March 18, 2008

The fat lady hasn't sung yet

We changed the date that I was going to see Dr. Kanard to today so that Derek could come with me to the appointment. The results of the PET scan wasn't what I thought it would be. The big mass that was there in September that hindered my breathing has shrunk even more than December's scan and it is still not showing signs of cancer; so it is pretty much a lymph node again.
There was a small lymph node near my right collar bone that has increased in size since December. Dr. Kanard thinks it is best to just get rid of it. So I have to go to Dr Robinson (the doctor I went to last week about the cough) next Tuesday for a consult. It is so small that you can not feel it with your fingers so he might have to use an ultrasound in order to know where to go. So, I will have a triangle of scars; this one on the right, the biopsy in the middle and the port scar on the left.
The following picture is the small lymph node that is brighter in the bottom (March scan) as apposed to the top (December scan).

1 comment:

DeeDee said...

KT, you are one amazing young lady! I have always thought so! But, now I am even more amazed at the example you set for others (me)and your family. God Bless my friend. Love ya, DeeDee