September 14, 2008

Day 55 - Great day to be alive




Sorry there aren't that many things that you can rhyme with five. I am starting to look like Sinead O'Conner or a peach that's fuzzy again. Derek went to Kansas City last week for 3 days and came back amazed at how fast it grew while he was gone. My eye brows and eye lashes are growing back too just not as fast as the top of my head.




Derek and I were reminiscing about what happened these past few days a year ago. A year ago yesterday I had the biopsy in my chest so the scar in my throat is over a year old now. A year ago today I was getting radiation to shrink the 13cm mass and Dr. Kanard and Dr. Klish were beside themselves with the size of it and the worry that I wouldn't be able to breath soon if it grew anymore. It's hard to think that if I had been born in a earlier decade I wouldn't be alive today.

2 comments:

Koenig Family Blog said...

It is great to be alive! What a year you have had and what a strong woman to come out of it the way you are. You look amazing, sound great and what a cute Lizzy! I miss you!

emily j said...

I am so impressed with your positive attitude. You have been and will continue to be in our prayers. Love you KT!