September 26, 2008

Day 70 - Isaac loves the song "Let it Be"


I have gone to a lot of doctors in the last two weeks, but for once most of the doctors were not for me! I took Lizzie to a dermatologist last Monday to see what was still wrong with her skin. She still had a rash that she would scratch every night on her head. She gave me a sample of a cleanser instead of shampoo and it has worked pretty well. It is called Cera-ve. She also gave me a prescription for a really expensive eczema cream. So far it seems like the Cera-ve is kicking bottom.

The second doctor was for Lizzie's eye. Since she was born she has had a clogged tear duct. So since she is now a year the pediatrician recommended that we take her to an optometrist. He did a routine eye test on Monday and yesterday she had surgery to unclog the duct. It only took 15 minutes, and she was so good she didn't cry at all before, during or after. Her eye was red and bloody for the first 5 minutes but then she was just fine and I haven't seen the normal tear since.

The last doctor was for me, but it was just a check up with Dr. Kanard. She thinks that I am doing very well. We have an appointment scheduled with Dr. McSweeny for next month to determine when we are going to get the next PET scan.

No comments: