September 10, 2008

Day 51 - I feel almost done


My port is officially out. My left shoulder and arm hurt a lot but at least it's gone. I had the poor thing under my skin for almost a year so I think there were a lot of muscles that grew to it that he had cut. Hopefully it will start to feel better soon. We do have the souvenir port for future show and tells.


Speaking of show and tells the boys went to preschool for the first time this year. They had a lot of fun. I asked Lisa, Dr. Kanard's assistant, if I could get a CBC after the surgery yesterday. The results were good; WBC was at 4.0 and platelets were 172. I let the boys have a choice about whether they wanted to wait until Monday or go today and they got their new clothes and shoes on and asked if it was time to go to school yet.

1 comment:

Deliese Kubie said...

I sincerely hope that this is the only souvenir you take from this experience, and I'm glad it's outside of your body!