May 30, 2008

R.I.C.E. side-effects

So this Chemo treatment has been very different than the RCHOP. My doctor told Derek that it is a harder regiment than the RCHOP. I didn't throw up with RCHOP but I did this time. I also didn't have mouth sores but I developed them yesterday. The other weird thing is that I got a hive-like rash yesterday night and my arms and legs were itching like mad. The good news is that my hair hasn't started to fall out yet and it's getting very thick. I'm sure it will because with the RCHOP it took 18 or so days after the first treatment; but hey it's still here and that makes me happy. I also have been more tired and I've had a strange headache before I go to bed or when I get up from bed after sleeping.

My most difficult challenge has been my little boy's reaction to life, (I'm guessing here). Isaac has been throwing terrible two tantrums a lot lately. He is very persistent, hopefully that will serve him well in the future but right now it is not so much fun. Because I have had so many doctors appointments since Lizzie has been born, and because I won't be with them in July I feel a little guilty, but by no means do I give into his demands. All I want to do all day is listen to them talk and hug and kiss and play with them!

No comments: