May 18, 2008

Schedule

We went to a patient/caregiver meeting on Tuesday and got the schedule from my coordinator. I got a huge manual for the transplant also. So, here is the schedule.

This Wednesday I start Chemo called RICE. Dr. Kanard found a way to let me do the 24 hour drip from home; with a portable drip that looks like an old walkman. I will do that Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and Saturday I will go in for a IV flush at Poudre Valley Hospital and possibly Nuelesta. I have to do CBC's for 2 to 3 weeks to see if my white blood cells are low enough for the transplant.

Then in June I will have another Bone Marrow Biopsy and PET scan, a heart scan and X-ray on the 10th in Denver. On the 17th I have to go down again to meet with Dr. McSweeney and sign consent forms. That Friday on the 20th I will go back down and get my port removed and another port inserted. Then they will do more Chemo and growth factor to get my stem Cells up so they can harvest them the next week. So, I will go in the 26th through the 30th to get enough stem cells for the transplant.

Then I wait again until the 10th of July; we will go down that day and get settled in the hotel. The next day I will start the high dose Chemo for 6 days until the 16th, I get a rest day on the 17th and the 18th is what I call "T-Day"; we will do the transplant that day. Then I will stay at the hotel for the next two weeks until they decide that I am good enough to go home. Once I come home I have to have the whole house sanitary and someone else has to clean it for a whole year and I can't even be in the room when they clean it. I also have to have all of my immunization shots again like Lizzie, even though she is already one up on me, she has only 1 round of shots left.

So that is the plan. Hopefully it will go smoothly and not too painfully. We still need as many prayers as you can give.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Katie,
You and your family have been in my prayers. I put your name on the temple prayer roll when I was there last week. I'm sorry things haven't been easy, but I think you are so strong! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Koenig Family Blog said...

KT-
I love you! I think about you and your struggles and challenges everyday. Your strength and determination are great examples to me. I continue to keep you an your family in my prayers. Please let me know if we can do anything for you guys when you are down in Denver. We would be more than happy to help in any way.

DeeDee said...

KT-
You are such an amazing person. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that the Lord will hold you in the palm of His hand each and every day. If there is anything I can do for, please don't hesitate to call. Love ya, DD