May 22, 2008

Root Canal and Chemo; all in one week

Well I am on my second day of Chemo. Yesterday I had Retuxan which was 5 hours and then the E part of the RICE; so all in all it was almost 8 hours. Today is a lot lighter. I have to have the 24 hour pump hooked up soon. Tuesday I also had to go to the dentist for a root canal because of the last treatment of Chemo. What a week, huh. When it rains it pours.
Well I am starting to collect mottos and inspiring words to get me through this. The first one "you must go through bad to know the good!" I also found these messages to be inspiring, "The truth is that our only safety, our only security, our only hope is to hold fast to that which is good. As the mists of darkness gatheraround us, we are only lost if we choose to let go of the iron rod, which is the word of God." and "Your Heavenly Father loves each of you and has sent you to earth with a purpose. He has revealed a plan of Happiness that if followed, will ultimatly bring you home to his presence, having triumphed over the trials and challenges of this world." Words from Hymns mean more now. Even though life has not been as fun lately there are so many good things that come from this experience. Once again I thank each of you for your continued love and support.

No comments: