June 23, 2008

Overnight in Denver

So Friday morning I called my transplant coordinator Kelly to see when we were going to have the CLC put in. She was gone on Thursday so I had to wait. She said at first that we were going to do it on Friday the 27th but after talking to the dentist we could possibly do it on Monday the 23rd (today). She was going to talk to the doctor and then call me back. She never called me. So I left a message at 5 after she was already gone. I just assumed that meant that we were going to do it on the 27th. She called this morning saying I thought you were coming today. Long story short, we are going tomorrow the 24th.

First we have to be at PSL at 6:30 to check in, which takes at least 30 minutes from my experience the first time two weeks ago. Then we will go to the bone marrow floor and they will insert a catheter and hopefully remove the port that I already have. It will stay for about 40 some days while I am doing this transplant. Hopefully it won't come home with me. Then I will go to the clinic and get 6 hours of a drug called cytoxan this will help bring my bone marrow/stem cells out. I will have fluid IV's overnight at a hotel, I'm hoping, and the next day I will go back to the clinic and get the IV's out and get a shot of Neulesta. Derek's wonderful mother and sister will be watching the kids so I am so grateful that they can do this on such short notice. They are truly saints.

4 comments:

Koenig Family Blog said...

My prayers and thoughts are coming your way. I am so glad you have gotten to have some great family times recently that you can think about during these upcoming hard times. Know that there are so many people thinking, praying and rooting for you! Love you KT!

Rebecca said...

YOU and your family are in my prayers!!!

Erin said...

Wow, deep breath Katie. I wish I could be there to help--we are praying for you from a far.

Anonymous said...

Hugs and Best Wishes!