June 17, 2008

What a week

So a lot has happened in the last week. Let's see, my hair fell out or I washed it out last Sunday. On Tuesday my jaw started hurting off and on; Tuesday I did all of the tests, very fun; I passed with flying colors. I did a lung test, an Echo cardiogram, a CT scan, a chest x-ray, a EKG, another bone marrow biopsy, and a urine test. The next day I had a PET scan. On Thursday, my jaw started hurting more and localizing to one tooth; so I went to the dentist. He said that it was only a bruised tooth. The next day we went to the zoo and stayed in a hotel in Denver to visit my aunt Janet. That night I couldn't sleep because my jaw was hurting so much. My cousin gave me some vicadin and I could sleep a little the next night but my jaw was really swollen and hurting. The next morning I woke up with a swollen lymph node under my jaw. So I went to a Urgent Care; they said I had a dental infection. Yesterday I woke up with blisters on my gums so I went back to the dentist. He did another x-ray and saw that the tooth went south and didn't want to be in my mouth anymore, possibly from the chemo. He decided that I needed a root canal. He tried but one canal had calcified so I had to go to a Endodontist. It took another hour and more pain but she never finished. I have to go back tomorrow to get it finished hopefully.

Because of this infection I have to push back the next steps and the transplant by a few days until the antibiotics are done. I was suppose to have Chemo and another port put in on Friday but it may be pushed to Monday or Tuesday. The worst part is that it messes with all of the schedules that we put together for childcare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi KT! I have some time off this summer, love that about being a teacher, please call me if you need anything! I can watch your kids, or I can help with house work, or groceries, or anything. You gave me so much in college and I don't think I ever properly repayed you! Natalie Young (youngmathteacher@gmail.com)