September 29, 2007

1st Chemo; and doing well





Thursday I had my first treatment of Chemotherapy. It was almost 9 hours, we got there at 8 a.m. and left at 5 p.m. First they had to get blood work done and give me Benadryl and I had to take a pill for nausea. Then they gave me the first Chemo med that took 5 or 6 hours because they had to slow it down because I had a slight reaction to it; my tongue and throat were itching. It was fine after they slowed the drip. The rest of the medications didn't take that long. So luckily I had my wonderful husband that kept me company and got me lunch. It was still boring sitting in that green chair for so long. The next day I went back and got an Saline drip for 2 hours and a shot behind the arm that helps my white blood cells increase.
They also warned me that days 3-5 are going to be my worst. So today is day 3 and I feel fine! I've got a slight headache and a very stuffy nose from the increase in white blood cells but that is all. I will have to update you later about the next few days. I also decided to take some pictures of the Chemo room so that the boys and you can know what it looks like.

3 comments:

Koenig Family Blog said...

You are such a strong woman. You look GREAT and your boys and Lizzie are adorable. They are so blessed to have you as their Mother. I am glad everything is going well. Miss you!

Tracy said...

Katie -
This is Tracy Stimpson - do you remember me? I found your blog page through Cameo's link on Megan DeHart's blog.

I had not heard anything of what you are going through right now and am so saddened to hear your struggles! What an amazing trial you and your family are going through right now.

You are a wonderful person and so very strong. I wish you the best of luck with everything that lies ahead. You will definetly be in my prayers! I wish I was there to help you out, just as you helped me out many times when we were still in CO.

Take care and know that you have many prayers coming your way from Indiana!

Love you,
Tracy Stimpson

Deb said...

hey pretty lady! you and your gorgeous babies look wonderful. :) we're sending good vibes and many prayers your way! love and miss you, Deb