October 3, 2007

Day 8: CBC

Well I made it to day 8 and I am not feeling as horrible as I thought I would. I had a slight fever that made my hands swell on Saturday night but it went away pretty quickly. I have not been nauseas or have had diarrhea which I guess are things that you usually get from the Chemo. I did however come down with a cold along with Isaac and Lizzie. Lizzie has been sneezing and coughing and when she is awake she is not so happy; which is not typical for her. Isaac had a runny nose and his voice is even deeper than normal.
Today I went in for a white blood cell count and the nurse said it looks good. She was actually amazed at how well I am doing; based on the fact that I just had a baby. She gave me some antibiotics to make sure that I don't get anything worse from Isaac and Lizzie's colds. So because of the cold the cough that caught the whole thing is back and not very friendly. I did find out that I can take Sudifed, so hopefully that will help. She also said that since my white blood cell count was not bad and they are not worried about me being anemic this week so I am not on restrictions as of this week. I guess each week they will tell me if I can go out of the house. The nurse also said that the way that I reacted to this treatment will probably be the same way that I will react to the rest. Hopefully each time I will only be tired and have some cold symptoms. The worst part will probably be the hair loss but that's okay because it will grow back. So yea, thank you for your prayers they have definitely been working.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

KT - I'm happy for the positive report - you're a fighter and it's showing! I hope the cold symptoms go away fast and that all three of you feel better soon!
Lots of prayers & Love!
Kristi Ritter (Mehlhoff)

emilyj said...

KT, you're in my prayers constantly! My sister-in-law had cancer a couple years ago and she really liked this quote from CS Lewis. He said "The pain now is part of the Happiness later." Something to think about. I sure do love you! Keep these posts coming.
Emily Ann

Will Kubie said...

Hi Sis! We love you bunches. Glad you are feeling so well and can share what your are going through. We were able to share some of your posts with the kids and help them to see that their prayers are answered. I think with writing this blog and experiencing what you are that you are setting the stage to be a big support to others going through cancer in the present or at a future time. Talk to you soon! Love Ya!