August 26, 2008

Day 36 - An x-ray just for kicks

Today I had to go in to get a chest x-ray because I got the cold that the kids had. It went to my chest and I have been coughing for the last couple of days so yesterday I called the transplant nurses and they told me I needed to come in to Fort Collins or Denver today to get a x-ray and see the doctor just in case. So it was off to Fort Collins.

My chest was clear and my white blood cell count was up to 3.4, almost normal range. My platelets were up to 126. Dr. Kanard said that since my count was up I can try to wear fake eye lashes since I only have a few of my own left. I feel much better since I got some sleep last night.

I have a date set to get my first and last port out (Sept. 9th) and another meeting with Dr. Kanard scheduled. I am very excited to get the port out because at the beginning Lisa, Dr. Kanard's assistant said it was the final stage. I was suppose to get it out in March before we got the news about the Hodgkin's. So let's hope it's coming out this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am so glad to hear that things are going well with the counts. God willing everything will go to plan for you with the ports. Blessings x