July 21, 2008

Day 0 - T-Day

Happy Birthday to me! My nurse, Penny started singing to me when we got in the clinic today. My white blood cells are still there so I am still hanging on. It was a pretty long process because there was one more person getting his cells back today too, so I had to wait for him to get his first. They gave me a lot of premeds and that are making me sleepy. We watched the rest of the 24 season while waiting. The inserting of the cells was very painless, just cold. I might be starting to get mouth sores but that is low on my problem list right now.

The kids went back up to Johnstown today; it was so very hard to see them leave. Hopefully they will be able to come back next week. We have had one problem with this apartment since we got here and hopefully it will be remedied soon. Lizzie had a rash on her head and back, she itch the whole time she was here. When they got home Carla, Derek's mom took her to the pediatrician he said it looks like bed bugs, yeah. So the crib that they put in our room for Lizzie had bugs in it, and it might be in our clothes and the rest of the sheets. This apartment wasn't really cleaned when we got here, there is a pee stain in the corner, the bathroom that I have to use alone is really dirty on the grout and they don't have any housekeeping unless you speed $100/week. We have to either go to another hotel for the night and wait for an exterminator tomorrow to see how bad the bug problem is; or stay in it until we get more information. I'm just glad she didn't have chicken pox or something else.

2 comments:

Koenig Family Blog said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KT!!!! You are in my thoughts many times an hour and my my prayers many times a day... I love you and stay strong!

Wright Family said...

That makes me relieved to know that is all it is! I mean, it is no fun, but the alternative of you getting sick I think was worse!