July 20, 2008

Day -1

Tomorrow is T-day. My new birthday. So far I am not feeling too bad. A little achy, tired and my mouth tastes funny most of the time but that is it right now. I think I might take a nap soon. The kids are still here until tomorrow and it makes me so happy to have them here. They are probably going to leave tomorrow morning when my mom comes up to watch them. My cousin Nina came to visit yesterday and today my friends Steff Wright and Erin Chorak are planning on visiting.

Tomorrow the plan is to go in at 9:30 and get IV fluids for an hour the stem cells through an IV and then another hour of fluids. The nurse today said that the preservatives that they put in the stem cells smell so for the next 24 hours I will smell pretty much like rotten garlic everyone around me will smell it. Today I got a CBC and 2 hours of fluids, patassium and magnisium. They told me after I start the antibiotics, antifungal and antiviral pills I will have a fever and have a blood transfusion. After 5-10 days they will give me shots to boost my white blood cells so my immune system will go up after that. I think within the next few days I will have the no white blood cells at all.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Go Katie!! Good luck! We are sending our love and prayers from the windy city - it is pretty windy, so they should get there pretty fast! ;) We love ya chica!

Unknown said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck and stay as upbeat as ever. Love, The Lewis Family