July 15, 2008

Day -6

So yesterday was my day -7 from transplant. Transplant day is 0 and everyday after that day counts up. They have already told me that the day of transplant is my new birthday. The Chemo drug that they gave me yesterday is alcohol based so they told me that I was going to feel like I had a bad hangover. So at least know I can tell my kids how bad a hangover is! I've experienced it. I have a horrible headache in the center of my head for most of the day and night, I felt a little nauseaus but not too bad because of all of the majorly expensive nausea drugs they give you. It was a full 6 hours yesterday and I was only planning on two. The coordinator told me to come in at 12 to get started and then at 9 yesterday so called and said I needed to be in early because it was a long day. So I had to scramble around and get everything packed faster; because of course I waited until the last possible moment to do that. At least I was able to enjoy my family on Saturday instead of worrying about what to bring for this or clean the house.

Today I feel much better. We even found the pool for the kids and the laundry room in the apartment. The kids are on there way down to Denver now. They didn't join us yesterday because the apartment company didn't have the 2nd bedroom furnished. They will actually get the bed in there tomorrow so tonight they will sleep on the floor or on the couch in the living room. They already have a crib in the master bedroom. So last night we talked to the boys through the web cam. It was pretty hard because they were moving a lot and the sound kept going out. They kept asking if I was okay and it was really hard not to cry. Isaac almost cried when he was asking to come to Denver last night but he did a good job of being a big boy. I can't wait to get my hugs and snuggles tonight.

No comments: