July 28, 2008

Day 7 - my hopes rising like leaven


Deliese Kubie came up with today's mantra!
We had a very exciting night last night; We found that the diarrhea that I've been experiencing is because of a bacteria called C-Diff, a very nasty bacteria that is in almost every human but the good bacteria usually fights against it. So I am on another antibiotic to get rid of that. I also experienced a slight fever last night so we had to call the after hours nurse. She came and found that the fever kit that was sent to us didn't have all of the supplies she needed. The good news is that my temperature went down and so I didn't need to go to the ER. My temperature is back to normal again today.
Part 2 - My platelets were down to 7; so I went to the hospital again and got some more. I also had to meet a nurse at the apartment to show me how to hook up an iv at home every 8 hours. Because I had a slight fever yesterday I have to have this antibiotic iv to make sure nothing happened or will.
Tammy came down today to be my caregiver; while Derek went back up to Johnstown for a few days until I get my white blood cell count up. He can bring the kids down with him when that happens; so please, please pray right now that my white blood cells will come up and that the stem cells will graph soon.

1 comment:

ehatch said...

Katie, I had c-diff after my fourth dose of chemo. I ended up in the hospital for two days because of it. It was unpleasant as I am sure you now know:) Hang in there. -Eric