July 30, 2008

Day 9 - Cells grafting would be a good sign


We just got the CBC results; my white blood count went up to 0.3 from it being 0.1 since Sunday. My red blood count went up to 29.5, so I don't have to have another blood transfusion; and my platelets went up to a 10 so I will have to get platelets but that's it. So only an hour or so. Since all of my numbers are going up a little I might be grafting soon!! Very exciting!

We also finally got the Oakwood people to get housekeeping to the apartment, but we couldn't really tell once we got home that they actually came. I do have some bad news; at first Kelly (our coordinator) said that we would probably be here for a total of 22 days; chemo and all. Today Dr. McSweeny said I will have to stay here for 20-25 days post transplant. So it will probably be a whole week that I have to stay more than I expected. Hopefully, Derek and the kids can come down soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
Monique Hale speaking. I have been thinking about you lots and praying for you. Derek and the children came over for dinner on tues. and I was glad to see that Ethan and Isaac love quiche which we call "pirate's pie". I tricked my boys with this name so they would eat it. Well, I wish you could have seen little Lizzie eating the pirate's pie. She couldn't get enough of it. And I have never seen a child eat applesauce so fast. I had the hardest time keeping up. She was really cute asking for more by opening her mouth wide and stretching her arm out.
Everybody had fun at the lake afterwards but I'm sure Derek told you about all the excitement that happened there!
I know all will go well for you. I know you miss your family but Heavenly Father will reward you by tenfolds.