July 29, 2008

Day 8 - Life is sure great

So, today Tammy and I went into the clinic at 9:30 a.m. and didn't get back to the apartment until close to 7 p.m. My platelet went down to 3 even after the platelets I got yesterday. My red blood count was down to 25.8, so I had to get another blood transfusion too. I also found out that one of the culture bottles that they took yesterday came back positive for some kind of infection. Now, I have to do another iv drip every 12 hours. I might have to do this for the next 7 days. This one has a side effect that makes your head turn red. When I got it today instead of turning red my head turned purple. The nurse found it hillarious. Hopefully tomorrow my counts will be higher so that I don't have to spend the whole day in the hospital.

Tonight many of my friends from church cleaned my house. If any of you are reading this, I just want you to know how grateful I am; and I hope the house wasn't too horrible. My mantra today is not all sarcasm; life might not be so great right now; but living is sure wonderful.

1 comment:

Wright Family said...

Now your purple head can match my purple hair!!